> Of-course. Restarted several times just to make sure.I've even rebooted
> the machine (just in case).
> the process starts with uid/gid 0 (root):
>  1349 ?        S      0:00
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -l localhost -x
> /usr/local/hcp/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c 30 -u 0 -g 0 0 smtp
> /usr/local/hcp/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd localhost
> /usr/local/hcp/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /usr/bin/true
> Still no go.
> Any other things to look at?
> Cheers,Michael.

qmail-smtpd doesn't run vdelivermail - qmail-local does (which is started
via qmail-lspawn, which is started by qmail-send).  Running qmail-smtpd as
root won't fix this.

Unfortunately, I believe you need to make vdelivermail run as root to make
this work, possibly via suid, but I can't be certain of that.

Josh

Joshua Megerman
SJGames MIB #5273 - OGRE AI Testing Division
You can't win; You can't break even; You can't even quit the game.
  - Layman's translation of the Laws of Thermodynamics
vpopm...@honorablemenschen.com

!DSPAM:4b140e7732718365620435!