From: mike_at...@hotmail.com
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:12:50 +0000
Subject: RE: [vchkpw] vdeliver perimission denied for vadddomain -u

By the way, as a sideline question - related to the same issue, why do the
fields pw_uid and pw_gid always end up as '0' in the vpopmail table regardless?
I did both vadddomain -u mike4 test10.com 123
and
vadddomain -i [uid of mike4] -g [gid of mike4] test10.com 123
and the pw_uid/pw_gid are always '0' after the domain creation. Am I doing
something wrong? Should those table fields not reflect the actual uid/gid of
the user assigned to the domain? I looked through the source code, and at first
glance it looks like that's what should happen - but in reality '0' is the
value for both fields as show by the mysql query log:

19 Query     insert into `vpopmail` ( pw_name, pw_domain, pw_passwd, pw_uid,
pw_gid, pw_gecos, pw_dir, pw_shell ) values ( "postmaster", "test10.com",
"$1$p1nVNe41$5StvPRrC/SX8DKPcV8ep60", 0, 0, "Postmaster",
"/home/mike4/domains/test10.com/postmaster", "NOQUOTA" )

I thought that this might be the reason for the permission denied, so I changed
the values manually to the mike4 uid/gid, but it didn't make a difference -
other than fix the authentication problem through Squirrelmail + Dovecot + IMAP
with custom SQL authdb in dovecot_sql.conf.

Regards,Micahel.