If you decide to use mysql, I'd consider using http://qmailtoaster.com/. It's a very nice set of packages. You could be up and running in a few hours (sans migration). There is also good community support.

Jukka Kurkela wrote:
You mean CDB is way faster, right? if not, can you provide some benchmark results or even explanation?

++jukka

Remo Mattei wrote:
I would not use CDB just my point of view. Go to mysql way faster and better for all those domains you got. I used rsync on my server when I moved over to the new one as long as you got the same userid (vpopmail) you should be good. The question is do you have users email on your server or do they pop that? If they pop3 it that’s easy by using learn password make sure they use that for the first time which sets their password to what they have now (pop3) as far as I know does not work with imap.

Just my 2 cents,

Remo