On Feb 1, 2011, at 8:17 AM, Alessio Cecchi wrote:
> Is vpopmail/vmoddomlimits unable to manage quota more than 2GB but can manage
> quota of 2GB -1 byte?

Some quota code uses a signed 32-bit value so, yes, 2GB - 1 is the maximum you
can represent in that datatype.

I believe more recent versions of vpopmail have a new "vusage" client/daemon to
manage quotas, and it supports larger quotas.

Keep in mind that the old "maildirsize standard" is implemented in multiple
locations.  vdelivermail, qmail-local, your POP and IMAP server, QmailAdmin,
vmoddomlimits, vmoduser, etc.  All of them would need to be reviewed to ensure
they work correctly for larger sizes.

One proposed fix is to switch to unsigned 32-bit, but that only gets you to
4GB.  I think others have proposed 64-bits, or even just storing kbytes instead
of bytes in the file.  I'm sure others will chime in with advice and guidance.

-Tom

!DSPAM:4d498e8032711471915979!