Il 24/10/2012 20:39, Matt Brookings ha scritto:

On 10/24/2012 09:10 AM, Alessio Cecchi wrote:
Il 23/10/2012 23:33, Matt Brookings ha scritto:
I have marked 5.4.33 stable, and also have created a new development version
5.4.34 with some new
patches I'll adding or evaluating.
Thanks Matt,

For 5.4.34 I would like to have vdelivermail works directly with dovecot-lda.

If necessary I can provide information about setup dovecot 2.1 and lda.
Sure.  Pass along any information you have.  I have a few other patches related
to Dovecot I want to
add into 5.4.34.

Okay,

I see two possibilities for pass the email to dovecot-lda via vdelivermail, one is without (dovecot) lookup, you can set HOME, before run dovecot-lda, to vpopmail's users home:

| HOME=/home/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.com/user/ /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver

here is an example from Rick Romero: http://www.mail-archive.com/vchkpw@inter7.com/msg28209.html

this is very simple but have some limits beacuse dovecot don't knows for who is the email but only where to store.

Another way is to pass to dovecot-lda destination username like this:

| /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $EXT@$HOST

so dovecot can lookup, via vpopmail native driver, where is the home for $EXT@$HOST. Also with "-d" dovecot can update for example, dict quota, expire plugin and so on.

Now I'm testing this solution with a trick, build vpopmail with maildrop support, create an /etc/maildroprc like this:

import EXT
import HOST
`test -r /usr/local/dovecot-2.1/libexec/dovecot/deliver`
if ( $RETURNCODE == 0)
{
        log "=== delivery via D-LDA for $EXT@$HOST ==="
        to "| /usr/local/dovecot-2.1/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $EXT@$HOST"
}

so vdelivermail call maildrop which pass the email to dovecot-lda, after a month of testing on a thousand users I can say that it works.

I have find only one issue, when new email arrives and is for a "domain alias" user, dovecot create a new entry for dict quota related to a new users instead of update the entry for the real user, but this is a minor problem, delivery and maildirsize update are ok.

--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/

!DSPAM:508961cc34174881684024!