I am using gentoo and installed netqmail from portage.

My mysql database is created and all of the vpopmail stuff inside but in
'no' way does vpopmail appear to be communicating with mysql

Ssl connection attempt  ->  http://pastie.org/5590945

Packet scan  -> http://tinypic.com/r/3483oki/6
authdaemondrc -> http://bpaste.net/show/66987/

And since authvchkpw is not even mentioned here:

# The authentication modules that are linked into authdaemond.  The

# default list is installed.  You may selectively disable modules simply

# by removing them from the following list.  The available modules you

# can use are: authuserdb authpam authshadow authmysql authcustom authpipe

I have to assume there is a use flag or something missing.

I have never seen this software work for anyone and this is my 3rd attempt
since 2007.
Would love to see it working just once.

!DSPAM:50de108434141222795255!