On Feb 16, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:

Alan, Kevin, Matt - any ideas on this?

Some Apache projects do use Confluence for their project websites. I think it works well. I have to confess that I've never been closely involved with the initial setup. So, I'm not able to offer much more in the way of advice.

IIUC, it's a requirement to have a CLA on file to edit the podling's main website. IMO, you should require a CLA for *all* documentation contributions. If you ever want to include the documentation in a *release* of VCL, then you need the rights to apply the apache license to the documentation. Taking the steps now, makes it much easier down the line...

--kevan