In our VCL, our dhcpd.conf contains the following two lines:

                option routers       ;
                option subnet-mask    ;
                option nis-domain               "NA";
                option domain-name              "vcl.internal";
                option domain-name-servers;

These following two lines below were causing trouble for us, so we commented them out. Is there any reason to have the following lines in a VCL configuration?

option routers       ;
option domain-name-servers;

Does anyone know if other parts of VCL rely on DHCP to tell it's DHCP clients that (our VCL management interface) will resolve DNS and act as a router for them? It makes sense to me to comment these out since in reality VCL won't resolve DNS nor forward packets through it's interface.

Brian Bouterse
Secure Open Systems Initiative