Hi Kelly,

The appliance(or any VCL appliance) is not supported by Apache VCL.

I would suggest to use the VCL Install guide.
<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/Documentation>

Aaron

--On August 24, 2009 1:46:32 PM -0400 Kelly Robinson <isg...@langate.gsu.edu> wrote:

Can someone tell me the contents of the VCL-VM.vmdk file located on the
download site for the VCL 2.1 appliance (
http://brian-linux.cnl.ncsu.edu/VCLVM3G/ ) ? I can see from the file
extension that it is a virtual hard disk, but this file will not upload
correctly when I place it into the datastore on the hypervisor.  The
VCL-VM-flat.vmdk file gets renamed to VCL-VM.vmdk when its uploaded and
the original "VCL-VM.vmdk" file gets over written.  Has anyone had this
happen?  If so, is there a work around?  Is this file necessary?
Thanks,
Kelly

Kelly P. Robinson
Software Systems Engineer, Lead