Hi Brian,
You can use the variable table. This table was added in order allow an easy way to store such things without having to extend the schema. One of the main goals of the variable table was to give module developers a way to store data.

This reminded me of some updates that need to be made to the backend DataStructure.pm file before 2.1 is released. A serialization column was recently added to the variable table. The get_variable() and set_variable() subroutines in DataStructure.pm need to be extended to handle the additional column. I'm working on this now and will commit the changes this morning. I'll follow up with additional details once this is ready.

-Andy

Brian Bouterse wrote:
Currently in the netapp based, esxthin.pm the username/password/and filer ip are hardcoded. I want to get those variables to not be hardcoded, but passed into the module. Should we put it in the db, a special config file, or in the vcld.conf?

I will post the preliminary code to the SVN as soon as it does something useful.

Best,
Brian

Brian Bouterse
NEXT Services