Hi Sean,

This should get you started:
<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/Provisioning+Engine+Module+Interface+Specification>

Aaron

--On October 8, 2009 9:58:55 AM -0400 Sean Dilda <s...@duke.edu> wrote:

I'm about to embark on writing a new provisioning module for VCL based on
some existing perl scripts I have.  Is there any documentation for how
the module interface works?  I haven't been able to find any aside from
reading existing modules.  Also are there any required/preferred coding
guidelines for this project?

For those that are interested, this module is going to be another ESX
provisioning module.  This module will use VMware snapshots to create
deployed VMs as snapshots against the base image's disk, which leads to
extremely quick provisioning with little wasted disk usage. Its based on
the techniques used in the ghetto linked clones script
(http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-9020) but rewritten in perl using
the VI Perl Toolkit.  I already have stand alone scripts in perl that
work, so this is mostly an exercise of converting those scripts into a
VCL module.

Aaron Peeler
OIT Advanced Computing
College of Engineering-NCSU