This happened to me before.  Here is how I understand it.  It will work for a
while, but later when it tries to update, it can't.  As it turns out, there are
more field that need to be added/uncommented in conf.php.

$affilValFunc = array(1 => create_function('', 'return 0;'),
                      /*2 => "validateLDAPUser",*/
);

$affilValFuncArgs = array(/*2 => 'EXAMPLE1 LDAP',*/
);

$addUserFunc = array(1 => create_function('', 'return 0;'),
                     /*2 => 'addLDAPUser',*/
);

$addUserFuncArgs = array(/*2 => 'EXAMPLE1 LDAP',*/
);

$updateUserFunc = array(1 => create_function('', 'return 0;'),
                        /*2 => 'updateLDAPUser',*/
);

$updateUserFuncArgs = array(/*2 => 'EXAMPLE1 LDAP',*/
);

Hope this helps,

Patrick Sigmon

NC State University