Hi Mark,
This is a benign warning. You can set it to the ID of your first image to stop it from showing. The warning would eventually go away automatically because preferredimageid gets set when a reservation is made on the computer.

-Andy

Mark Gardner wrote:
I was trying to capture my first image and received the following error message in vcld.log. What should preferredimageid be? Do I set it by updating the computer table or is there another way?

|641|1:1|image| ---- WARNING ---- |641|1:1|image| 2010-03-05 12:32:17|641|1:1|image|utils.pm:get_request_info(5218)|preferredimageid is not set for computer id=1
|641|1:1|image| ( 0) utils.pm <http://utils.pm>, notify (line: 737)
|641|1:1|image| (-1) utils.pm <http://utils.pm>, get_request_info (line: 5218)
|641|1:1|image| (-2) vcld, main (line: 280)

Extra info:

1) using Dell 1850s
2) Webserver, database and management all on one node (vcl-01)
3) vcl-01 is also being used as a compute node
4) VMware Server 1.0.9

Mark
--
Mark Gardner