I am trying to use ESXi to host the virtual machines.  I tried using the vcl
service with        ' VMWARE_MAC_ETH0_GENERATED=yes '   in the configuration
file.  This caused the service to fail with the error   ' Could not query
for VM in VI PERL API '.  I am not sure if this is a bug or if this setting
is even supported.  The problem with using manual MAC addresses is that when
these are used, the network adapters do not get bridged to any network.  Has
anyone run into this?  Perhaps I should go through creating another base
image?