I need a second pair of eyeballs to tell me what I'm doing wrong:

[acabrera-mn:Downloads 508]$ gpg --verify apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating.tar.bz2
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: the signature could not be verified.
Please remember that the signature file (.sig or .asc)
should be the first file given on the command line.
[acabrera-mn:Downloads 509]$ ls apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating.tar.bz2
apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating.tar.bz2
[acabrera-mn:Downloads 510]$ ls apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating.tar.bz2.asc