Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:13 AM
To: vcl-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Distinguish between reservation and caching

By "caching", are you referring to reservations which only reload a
computer that are not initiated by a user?  If so, we usually just refer
to these as "reload" reservations.

The difference in the database is determined by the request.state value.
When a user makes a normal reservation, this is initially set to "new"
when a row is inserted into the request table.  For reload reservations,
the value is "reload".

The processing flow of both "new" and "reload" reservations is identical
up to the point when the computer is completely loaded.  Both are
handled by the new.pm state module, which calls the load subroutine of
the provisioning module.

Within any module, you can determine the request state via the following
call:
$self->data->get_request_state_name()

Withing the load subroutine, this will return 'new', 'reload', or
possibly 'tovmhostinuse'.

-Andy