Hello,

I'm having a few issues with a new install of VCL 2.2

I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 (Tikanga)

yum install httpd mod_ssl php-gd php-mcrypt php-mysql php-xml
php-xmlrpc php-ldap

-yum php-mcrypt ins't working or being found in 5.6 in Red Hat, so I
have to set it up manuailly. I'm getting the errors in my log

Testing for required php extensions ...

    * Missing these extensiosn: mcrypt. Depending on the extension,
some or all of VCL will not work.

Testing mcrypt ...

    * mcrypt extension missing

Here is what I did

1) Install libmcrypt (2.5.x or better) http://mcrypt.hellug.gr/lib/index.html
I installed 2.5.8
-download and uncompress: tar z -xvf xxx.tar.gz
-cd into libmcrypt dir and type: ./configure
-when configure is done type: make
-when make is done type: make install

This worked just fine..

2) Add the library dir to /etc/ld.so.conf
-edit /etc/ld.so.conf and add: /usr/local/lib
-save file and then type the command: ldconfig
I can't run the ldconfig command but I added the options.

Install latest version of mcrypt (2.6.x or better)
http://mcrypt.hellug.gr/mcrypt/index.html
I installed 2.6.8
-download and uncompress: tar z -xvf xxx.tar.gz
-cd into mcrypt dir and type: ./configure

I then get this error. during the configure : Is there a different
version that I should be using.

*** 'libmcrypt-config --version' returned 2.4.0, but LIBMCRYPT (2.5.8)
*** was found! If libmcrypt-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of LIBMCRYPT. You may also be able to
fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If libmcrypt-config was wrong, set the environment variable LIBMCRYPT_CONFIG
*** to point to the correct copy of libmcrypt-config, and remove the
file config.cache
*** before re-running configure
configure: error: *** libmcrypt was not found
[root@vclman01 mcrypt-2.6.8]#

So to fix this issue I went out and got the libmcrypt 2.5.7 even
older. Same error

and I am still getting the same error.

What is the correct versions that I need to install.  I can't find a
libmcypt newer then 2.5.8

--
Thanks,
Alex  Patterson