+1

On 3/31/11 12:29 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:
There were a couple of bugs found related to IE that kept graphs from being
displayed that seemed worth fixing before doing a release.  I'm starting a
different thread to vote again based on RC2 to make it easier to tally votes.

This is basically the same email as before except with RC1 changed to RC2.
There were 2 JIRA issues resolved for RC2:

* [VCL-439] - trailing commas in statistics.js keeps graphs from showing in IE
               on stats page
* [VCL-440] - dashboard last 12 hours of reservations graph not positioned
               correctly in IE in compatibility mode

In mid January, the community decided to go ahead with a release of 2.2.1 to
get a lot of bug fixes out.  We've finally gotten to the point of doing the
release.

I created a release artifact based off of trunk.  I copied trunk to a tag
under the tags area of the repo that is named release-2.2.1-RC2:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/tags/release-2.2.1-RC2/

The artifact is an export from that tag with the addition of Dojo Toolkit
version 1.5.0 bundled in the web code.  The artifact, MD5 and SHA1 sums, and
my GPG signature of it are available from my space on people.a.o:

http://people.apache.org/~jfthomps/apache-VCL-2.2.1-RC2-incubating/

The list of resolved JIRA issues associated with this release can be found on
the VCL 2.2.1 release page:

http://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/vcl-221-unreleased.html

Installation instructions are on the Confluence site and in the INSTALLATION
file included in the artifact.

I have completed a test install of all parts and was able to successfully
create, capture, and deploy a base image.

The directory created by extracting the RC2 artifact is "apache-VCL-2.2.1-RC2-
incubating".  Licensing information about perl and its required modules, php
and its required modules, and mysql are stated as "system requirements"
according to the information under "System Requirements" on
http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html.

Please vote by noon (EDT) on Monday, 4/1 to publish this release (this allows
for 3 business days to vote).  Please note that anyone in the VCL community is
allowed to vote.

[ ] +1 yes, release VCL 2.2.1
[ ] 0 dunno
[ ] -1 no, don't release VCL 2.2.1 (provide reasons if this is your vote)

Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab
NC State University