If it is to run at system bootup, there won't be any users on it yet
and you might have to define a local user for it to run as.

If this script can run at user login, you could add something to the
default bashrc file. Either /etc/bashrc or /etc/skel/.bashrc to start
it as that user.

Aaron

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Peter Dimitrios <petedag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> VCL sets up a userid / password for the end-user to login via SSH.  I
> was wondering how an image can reliably get that userid inside an init
> script?  Unfortunately, currentimage.txt has just computer
> information, but no user= stanza to tell me who is currently using the
> image (if anyone).  My current technique is ENDUSER=$(ls -1 /home |
> tail -n 1).   If I've created other userids with home directories I
> explicitly exclude them using something like ENDUSER=$(ls -1 /home |
> grep -Ev "(^user$|^vncuser$|^winer$)" | tail -n 1).

Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab
NC State University