Hi Mike,

Here's my response to the vcl-user list thread - just a followup for others
that may not be subscribed to vcl-user.

Just as a heads up, in the 2.3 release we're adding support to define
connection methods on a per image/OS basis.

We have a lot of the code work done and it's fairly stable in the
repository.
See VCL-30 and VCL-526
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VCL-30
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VCL-526

The basic flow would be to start the service and open the defined port in
the OS level firewall.

Aaron

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Mike Haudenschild <m...@longsight.com>wrote:

> Afternoon, dev team --
>
> I'm curious if there is any effort already underway to support full (GUI)
> Linux desktops?  I'd like to be able to provide a completely open-source
> experience to a relatively non-technical end-user.
>
> A couple folks on the vcl-user list have used both SSH with X-11 packet
> forwarding and RDP, but I was wondering what thoughts you might have on how
> to approach developing the support.  I thought it might be relatively easy
> to add a variant of the "download this RDP file" approach for Linux
> desktops, if an RDP server was already installed on the image.
>
> Thanks & regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> *Mike Haudenschild*
> Education Systems Manager
> Longsight Group
> (740) 599-5005 x809
> m...@longsight.com
> www.longsight.com

Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab
NC State University

All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are
sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records
Law and may be disclosed to third parties.