Arbin,

VCL is using non-persistent disks for all reservations.
There is nothing to copy/load during reservation since all ESXi hosts use
shared storage for all VM Images (Data Store Path: <this has to be on shared
datastore>).
Then you have a 2nd datastore where ESXi keeps deltas for running images (VM

During reservation, VCL will 1st check if there is an available computer with
the image requested.
If there is one then it will be used for current reservation (this when you see
load times < 1 min on GUI).
If there is no image available then VCL will create new VM (create .vmx file
and upload to ESXi host and register it). The new VM will use non-persistent
disk(s), so no .vmdk copied.
This process takes time needed to create VM and start it on ESXi host.

When you create new image or update existing image VCL will copy .vmdk files,
which sometime takes considerable amount of time.

--
Thank you,

Dmitri Chebotarov
Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
Phone: (703) 993-6175
Fax: (703) 993-3404