All,

I have been recently tasked with installing the VCL for testing in our
department.  So far I have tested it on RHEL 4 and RHEL 5.  I also had
another admin go through the same install steps without any input from
me (beyond the initial request), both had the same end result.

I downloaded the latest VCL code from the incubator site earlier in the
week (Monday, I think), so it is very recent code.
I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me debug a specific
issue.  The issue is that after a login with "admin" and the correct
password (listed in step 12), I get returned right back to the login
screen.  If I purposely type in the wrong password, it shows "login
failed" in red.

Here is what I believe is working:

php-info shows that php is working fine and that mcrypt is loaded.
Apache is working because the vcl main page shows up and php-info
works...
Mysql is receiving the login query.  When I take the vcl-login query(s)
from the mysql logs and run it, I am getting a row returned to me for
the user.
If I comment this section of code from authentication.php:

    //    if (validateLocalAccount($userid, $passwd)) {

And replace with:

               if (1) {
                //set cookie
                $cookie = getAuthCookieData("$use...@local");
                if(version_compare(PHP_VERSION, "5.2", ">=") == true)
                        setcookie("VCLAUTH", "{$cookie['data']}", 0,
"/", COOKIEDOMAIN, 0, 1);
                else
                        setcookie("VCLAUTH", "{$cookie['data']}", 0,
"/", COOKIEDOMAIN);
                //load main page
                setcookie("VCLSKIN", "NCSU", (time() + (SECINDAY * 31)),
"/", COOKIEDOMAIN);
                header("Location: " . BASEURL . SCRIPT);
                dbDisconnect();
                exit;
        }

I still get put back to the login screen.  I am using the "local
account" type of login as that is my only option at this point.

Is there a log file I can check to see what is going on after I click
"login"?  Or some other means to gather more information?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-
John Jones
East Carolina University
College of Technology and Computer Science
Science and Technology Bldg. Suite 100
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
252-737-1940, Fax 252-328-4250