Does the message in the vcld.log of "image already exists in the
repository" after I submit the sql statements to manually place a
request an image have anything to do with the error?

>>> Nathan Dawson <ndaw...@email.wcu.edu> 09/28/2009 8:57 AM >>>

One other thing that it may be is if you set the image requirements too
high (min CPU, min ram etc), if your servers or VMs aren*t set high
enough to meet those criteria it can also give you that message.

Nathan Dawson, MCP, MCDST, ACHDS
Director of Networking and Information Systems
The Kimmel School
Western Carolina University

From:Kelly Robinson [mailto:isg...@langate.gsu.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 8:50 AM
To: vcl-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: VCL Reservation Problem

How do you get VCL to allow an image to be requested?  I've added the
image to the database and would now like to request it through the web
interface, however when you click "New Reservation" and select the image
from the drop down menu, it gives a message that states "Selection Not
Currently Available".
I've tried to manually insert a request into the database using the
following sql statements, however the vcld.log gives error messages
stating that the image already exists in the repository.  What am I
INSERT INTO `vcl`.`request` (
`id` ,
`stateid` ,
`userid` ,
`laststateid` ,
`logid` ,
`forimaging` ,
`test` ,
`preload` ,
`start` ,
`end` ,
`daterequested` ,
'1' , '16', '1', '16', '', '1', '0', '0', NOW( ) , TIMESTAMPADD(MINUTE,
120, NOW()), NOW( ) , NULL
INSERT INTO `vcl`.`reservation` (
`id` ,
`requestid` ,
`computerid` ,
`imageid` ,
`imagerevisionid` ,
`managementnodeid` ,
`remoteIP` ,
`lastcheck` ,
NULL , '1', '2', '7', '7', '1', NULL , NULL , NULL

Kelly P. Robinson

Software Systems Engineer, Lead

Advanced Campus Services

Information Systems and Technology