Hello,

We have LDAP authentication configured.  People are able to authenticate and
after authentication I can see an entry in the vcl user table.  What options
do we have to configure default permissions?  For example, say we wanted all
of our students to be able to check out any image by default.  Do groups
defined within VCL for a given affiliation correspond to LDAP groups?  Or,
do we have to manually/script adding users to these groups?  I noticed that
there is a "global" group for the local affiliation, is this a special
keyword that we can apply to our LDAP affiliation?

On a somewhat related topic, what is the user's email address used for?

Thanks for any help!  Sorry for so many questions.

Jonathon Taylor
CSU East Bay