Computers, images, management nodes, and schedules are all resources.  So,
each resource has an entry in a specific table (i.e. computer, image, etc.)
and in the resource table.  The subid is the id from the resource specific
table.  It would be image.id in the case you've listed.  On the page you
referenced, near the top of the "Add a New Image to the VCL Database" section,
it specifies that the SQL statements assume several properties, one of which
is that Image ID is 8.

resource.id is used in places that deal with resources in general, such as the
privilege tree, which uses the resourcepriv table.  resourcegroupmembers is
another example and is where a resource's membership in resource groups is
tracked.

Josh

On Tuesday May 18, 2010, My LinuxHAList wrote:
> From
>  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/Create+a+Linux+Base+Image
>
> There is a step to do the following:
>
> ----
> INSERT INTO `vcl`.`resource` (
> `id` ,
> `resourcetypeid` ,
> `subid`
> )
> VALUES (
> NULL , '13', '8'
> );
> ------
>
> Two questions:
> 1) The resourcetypeid=13, because this is an image, hence the value of 13.
>     What about the subid ? What does "8" signify ?
> 2) After doing the insert, and say the id inserted is 13.
>     Where is the resource.id subsequently being used ?
>     [ is resource.id being referenced in _reservation_ or _request_ tables
>  ] ?
>
> Thanks

Systems Programmer
Advanced Computing | VCL Developer