Josh

  Thanks for the info - I've asked my technical people to post their questions
to the list.

  I'll offer two quick comments on the wiki documentation - one is that some
pages like https://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/base-image-creation.html appear to be
blank, but selecting "Show Children" shows more detail.  Also, on
https://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/create-a-linux-base-image.html there is a section
on "configuring /etc/rc.local for loading on different nodes..." with a bullet
point that says "Copy the following to /etc/rc.local", but nothing follows.

  For licensing, we do find that it takes some work to explain the VCL concept
to software vendors, but they generally understand it.  The problem we are
finding is that some vendors want to make a distinction based on the machine
that a user accesses the VCL from.  If it's from a university owned machine
that is usually not a problem.  However, in the case of a student using a
personal machine to access the VCL, vendors are telling us that is only allowed
if we buy student licenses (or similar) - which generally means a lot more
money.  This includes software that is available in the NC State VCL, so our
licensing manager would be interested in comparing licensing details to
understand how other schools have dealt with licensing issues.

Dave