No actually this is with the various software applications like SAS, Office, Adobe that are installed within the VCL environments. The environments that VCL provisions consist of an OS(windows,linux, etc) plus some set of applications, then a user (such as a student) request use of that environment through VCL web interface. Some windows based application vendors have a hard time understanding that the application is running remotely on hardware owned by said University or business, and not on the end-user's machine.

Aaron