David,

On Saturday June 05, 2010, David Abdurachmanov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to setup testing environment on one virtual machine to check
>  out VCL and more clearly understand how it works, but I find documentation
>  not that good.
>
> First of all, Only PHP 5.0 - 5.2 might work, PHP 5.3 have some deprecated
>  functions removed and VCL website does not work properly.

We already have a JIRA issue created to address that the code is not
compatible with PHP 5.3.  The next release (which will hopefully be out in
July) will work with PHP 5.3.

> There was a note that you should never add computer with "maintenance"
>  state, but VCL website says, that's all VM can only be added in
>  "maintenance" state.

Can you provide the URLs for this page?  We're working to improve our
documentation.

Adding a computer in the maintenance state is a bug that will also be fixed in
the next release.  The workaround is to add it in the available state and then
change it to the maintenance state after it has been added.

> Next thing there is not such Provisioning Engine as "VMWare Server
>  Provisioning", only VMWare ESX or VMWare Server GSX. And I would like to
>  use VMWare Server 1.0.X version.

You want to select "VMware Server GSX" to use with VMWare Server 1.0.X.  In
the past, "VMWare GSX" was the name for "VMWare Server".

> When going to "New Reservation" after DB, Website and VCLD is running I get
>  error in ./ht-inc/requests.php (line 148) and some full array is printed.
>  (This problem:
>  http://www.mail-archive.com/vcl-...@incubator.apache.org/msg00647.html)

The error in the email you linked to is in computers.php.  So, I'm guessing
you're just saying you see something similar.  Where did you get the VCL code
(2.1 release, subversion. other)?  Line 148 in requests.php in the 2.1 code is
a simple print statement that wouldn't cause an error.

> Maybe someone could via IM help me out to set VCL testing environment?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> David

Systems Programmer
Advanced Computing | VCL Developer