On 6/21/10 1:32 PM, David Abdurachmanov wrote:
I have it partially running (feels good). I have a base image created and it's
moved to managed node. Everything is grouped correctly with the right
permissions and it already allows to load image to virtual machine. The problem
I am having now is that setup of private network (VMWare Host-Only) is not
working. Virtual machine gets IP from DHCP exactly as it should, but host
computer is not reachable from virtual machine and virtual machine is not
reachable from host computer. I have a key generated on public network and VCLD
can not connect via SSH because of host is unknown after loading on virtual
machine. I am gonna try fixing networks setup in a few days.
Make sure the hostname of the vm can be resolved at the cmd line. Also check to make sure the hostname of the virtual machine is listed in the /etc/hosts file on the management node.
Also found a problem with vcl.sql. In image table you have:
(7, 'vmwarewinxp-base7-v1', 'No Apps (WinXP vmware)', 1, 1, 16, NULL, 512, 1,
1024, 100, NULL, 5, 0, 0, '2007-04-04 09:45:38', 1, 0, 'vcl', 3244),

While in imagerevision table:
(7, 7, 0, 1, '2007-04-03 11:24:12', 0, 1, NULL, 'vmwarewinxp-base7-v0'),

Imagerevision record should be changed to vmwarewinxp-base7-v1, that's the name
used in all tutorials, otherwise it will always look for vmwarewinxp-base7-v0
in management node.

Thanks. I've added this to jira and already committed the fix for the upcoming 2.2 release planned for late July.
Aaron
Also I noticed that documentation for provisioning modules is not finished
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/Provisioning+Engine+Module+Interface+Specification)