From:   Andy Kurth <andy_ku...@ncsu.edu>
To:     vcl-user@incubator.apache.org
Date:   10/06/2010 04:27 PM
Subject:        Re: VCL2.2 + ESXi4.1

It looks like you need to add the entry for your VM to the /etc/hosts file
the management node: centos

Once this is added, manually run the nmap command that failed on the
node to make sure it will work before reattempting the image capture:
/usr/bin/nmap centos -P0 -p 24 -T Aggressive

Also verify that you can ssh from the management node to this VM using its
ssh -i <path to identity key> centos

The 'vcld -setup' utility has already added all of the necessary entries
to the
database for the new image and imaging reservation.  When the capture
failed, the VCL request (request.id = 14) was left in the database and its
was changed to 'maintenance' (request.stateid = 10). To restart the image
capture process, all you need to do is change request.stateid back to the
'image' state (request.stateid = 16) and your running vcld daemon should
the process.  You don't need to run 'vcld -setup' again.

There is currently no web interface or utility to change the request state
so it
will have to be done manually to the database.  You'll probably want to
phpmyadmin if you haven't done so already.  The statement to update the
update request set stateid = 16 where id = 14;

The VCL daemon will begin processing the imaging request again within a
seconds.  Run 'tail -f /var/log/vcld.log' before executing the SQL
statement to
watch the progress.

Hope this helps,