Hello,
I'm not sure if you have come across this page. I wrote it up a few weeks ago:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/VMware+Configuration

The error doesn't appear to be the result of a misconfigured VM profile. It is failing to create an object connected to the VM host. I'm wondering if this is intermittent because the log output you included isn't at the very beginning of the load process, and other tasks must have completed successfully earlier.

Are you still having trouble? If so, please include all of the log output for the failed reservation.

Hope this helps,
Andy