Hello,
This sounds like it may be a problem with the database. I don't think the Perl components have anything to do with what you're describing. Also, it sounds like the web components are working correctly because you can map image groups to computer groups.

My first guess would be that there is a problem with the corresponding resource table entry for the image you're trying to map. Please provide the following:

The name of the image you're trying to map and the following output:

select * from image;
select * from imagerevision;
select * from resource;
select * from resourcegroup;