Cameron,

For VCL's purposes - deploying images for short durations, LVM doesn't really
provide any benefit.  LVM adds a logical layer between the filesystem and the
physical storage so you can do things like have a single partition span
multiple disks or easily resizing a partition to include more of the physical
disk than it did at creation time.  For short durations, these things aren't
particularly useful; so, we've not looked into using any other imaging
software, such as Clonezilla, that would allow imaging of LVM systems.

Josh

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu