Thank Josh, that did the trick :)

On Feb 11, 2011, at 3:27 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> Patrick,
> 
> When you say no user groups were created, how were you checking?  They 
> wouldn't 
> show up under the "Manage Groups" section of the site because they are not 
> flagged 
> as "custom" groups in the database.
> 
> You should see the groups anywhere you would select a user group.  However, 
> they 
> will not be created until someone from the desired affiliation has logged in 
> after 
> the user.lastupdated field for that user is 24 hours old (manually set it to 
> an 
> older date to force it).  The other thing you might hit is if you have a case 
> statement for that affiliation already in place in the switch statement, in 
> which 
> case the default one would not be called.  You could move the extra line of 
> code 
> outside of the switch statement to make it get called for everyone, even if 
> you 
> have an existing case statement for that affiliation (that's probably where I 
> should have told you to put it in the first place).
> 
> Josh
> 
> On Friday February 11, 2011, James Patrick Sigmon wrote:
>> Hey Josh,
>> 
>> That's exactly what I was looking for.  However, I haven't got it working
>> yet.  I made the code change, but no user groups were created.  So I
>> figured maybe I needed to manually create them and then they would
>> populate.  I did that, and gave them the privileges I wanted but to no
>> avail.
>> 
>> How am I supposed to get the groups once I make the code change.
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> 
>> Patrick
>> 
>> On Feb 11, 2011, at 1:31 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:
>>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>>> Hash: SHA1
>>> 
>>> Patrick,
>>> 
>>> An easy way to make all users a member of a specific group would be to
>>> add the following line to authmethods/ldapauth.php right after "//TODO
>>> possibly add to a default group":
>>> 
>>> updateGroups(array(getUserGroupID('All Users', $user['affiliationid'])),
>>> $user['id']);
>>> 
>>> This will result in each affiliation having an "All Users" group that all
>>> users from that affiliation would be members of.  If you only want a
>>> single group instead of one for each affiliation, just hard code the
>>> second argument to getUserGroupID instead of using
>>> $user['affiliationid'].
>>> 
>>> As a side note, remember that once you start to make changes to the code,
>>> you've made your upgrade path a little more difficult.  The easiest way
>>> to find the changes you made to then make the same changes to a new
>>> version of the code is to download a fresh copy of the version you have
>>> running, and then do a diff between that and your running code.  Then,
>>> make the same changes to the new version, and you should have your
>>> modifications applied to the new version.  Even better, make patches for
>>> your changes and then just apply them to the new version.
>>> 
>>> Josh
>>> 
>>> P.S. I didn't actually test that line of code.  :)
>>> 
>>> On Friday February 11, 2011, James Patrick Sigmon wrote:
>>>> Hey Guys,
>>>> 
>>>> I've been adding in different colleges into VCL via LDAP and plan to
>>>> eventually have it so that it groups like you have at NC State. 
>>>> However, to start I'm just interested in at least giving everyone the
>>>> same basic access to a few images.  I was wondering how I could easily
>>>> go about doing this.  As I stand right now, I can login via LDAP but
>>>> don't have any privileges yet.  I have hunch this will involve the
>>>> privilege tree and some grouping, but also editing a few files (perhaps
>>>> authentication.php, and ldapauth.php).  Again, I'm not sure and any
>>>> advice would be helpful.
>>>> 
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> 
>>>> Patrick Sigmon
>>> 
>>> - --
>>> - -------------------------------
>>> Josh Thompson
>>> VCL Developer
>>> North Carolina State University
>>> 
>>> my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu
>>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>>> Version: GnuPG v2.0.16 (GNU/Linux)
>>> 
>>> iEYEARECAAYFAk1VgIoACgkQV/LQcNdtPQNIggCbBW4rHCAA/+MWboNUWCzhu9YM
>>> e+oAniTpKdBK+XPb8WwoEAQ7c2NquLGE
>>> =d74X
>>> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> - -- 
> - -------------------------------
> Josh Thompson
> VCL Developer
> North Carolina State University
> 
> my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v2.0.16 (GNU/Linux)
> 
> iEYEARECAAYFAk1Vm7QACgkQV/LQcNdtPQO6VACfawNx0k6bjvgZVzPSJLnY46Ir
> pLMAnjTBaFAHQxFM8wdWHjLF6vF/Akwh
> =Cuvs
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Reply via email to