-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I tried several times to add SP1 to a working Win7 image.
It failed every time.
I noticed errors in the vcld log that contained:
> child_copy: linked dll data write copy failed
This error message typically means that some process
is interfering with cygwin's sshd. (e.g. BLODA,
So, I booted the pre-SP1 Win7 image and wrote down the running
services. Added SP1, rebooted, and wrote down the running
(Btw, the first reboot after a SP1 install shows a box
on the screen that says the Service Pack is completing
the installation - and then gives a percentage. I suspect
this process also starts up additional services)
The system after adding SP1 shows the following services difference.
- - Manual Started "Microsoft .Net Framework NGEN v2.0.50727_X86"
- - Automatic Started "Windows Font Cache Service"
- - Manual Started "Portable Device Enumerator Service"
- - Manual Started "Compatibility Assistant Service"
- - Manual Started "VMWare Snapshot Provider"
- - Manual Started "Volume Shadow Copy"
- - Manual Started "Windows Modules Installer"
- - Automatic "Multimedia Class Scheduler"
- - Automatic "Windows Time"
One of these services is conflicting with Cygwin's sshd.(And apparently
with a couple of the other services).
I just rebooted the system again, and the 'Manual' processes
stayed down, while the down'd automatic services came back up.
At this point, I tried to create an image and it worked normally.
Hope this helps,
California State University Fullerton
Phone: (657) 278-2256
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----