Hello Patrick,

Windows 7 doesn't use sysprep. This is only used in Windows XP.

Check in your php table under Imagemeta for your Windows 7 image id #
that your using that sysprep is set to 0 then give that a try.

For example

Your Image Id =6
CheckUser =1
Subimage = 1
Sysprep = 0

-Alex

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:14 AM, James Patrick Sigmon
<jpsig...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I've run into a problem with captured windows 7 images.  They seem to capture
> fine, but when you make a reservation for them they time out at the "ssh
> step."  Looking at the console, I can see why.  There is a pop-up box that
> reads:
>
> "Windows could not parse or process the unattended answer file for pass
> [specialize].  The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied.
> The error was detected while processing settings for component
> [Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup].
>
> I've been frantically searching for a generic answer to this, and it sounds
> like to could be a sysprep issue, however, the image is a virtual machine.
>
> I'm still searching for solutions on my own, but I thought it would be best
> to go ahead and post this issue as our pilot went live and I'm trying to
> figure this out ASAP.
>
> Any help is much appreciated,
>
> -Patrick Sigmon

Alex  Patterson