VCL 2.2 does use a unattend.xml for sysprep.  It is located at
/usr/local/tools/Windows_7/Utilities/Sysprep/Unattend.xml.

Are you imaging Win7 x64 or x86?  What version?  Enterprise, Pro, Ultimate,
etc?  The key provided is for the Enterprise edition and would fail if you are
trying to create a Win 7 Pro image.   Also the processorArchitecture must equal
the architecture you are trying to image.

This is the section that is apparently your issue:

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86"
publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS"
xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
- <Display>
  <ColorDepth>32</ColorDepth>
  <DPI>120</DPI>
  <HorizontalResolution>800</HorizontalResolution>
  <RefreshRate>72</RefreshRate>
  <VerticalResolution>600</VerticalResolution>
  </Display>
  <ComputerName>*</ComputerName>
  <TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time</TimeZone>
  <ProductKey>33PXH-7Y6KF-2VJC9-XBBR8-HVTHH</ProductKey>
  </component>

- Gerhard
Old Dominion University