Hey Frento,

There a couple a possibilities that come to mind that you could check.

One would be to double check your conf.php file for any incorrect values or
typos.  In particular, double check baseurl, script, cookiedomain, and homeurl.

The other idea I have is to make sure that all of your php packages are
installed.  I've had a few installations where somehow I missed one and it
cause errors like what you are describing.
php-gd
php-json (if your PHP version is < 5.2, this is not required)
php-mcrypt
php-mysql
php-openssl
php-sysvsem
php-xml
php-xmlrpc
php-ldap (if you will be using ldap authentication)
Hope this helps,

Patrick Sigmon