Thanks for the suggestions James,

I checked the conf.php  file and it appears that all the values are correct.
Luckily enough we have two test machines we're using to implement VCL. The
other machine is running CentOS5 and it seems to be working fine. In
comparison and contrasting the working machine and the machine that doesn't
display the "Welcome to VCL" page, I noticed that our URL address slightly
differed under page info. The working machine displays the address *https://
'ipaddress'/vcl/index.php*. However, the machine that doesn't work displays
the address *https://'ipaddress'/vcl/index.php?mode=selectauth* in the page
info section.

Do you think this might have something to do with the blank page error?
Besides checking the Apache logs, I'm about out of possible solutions to the
problem....