Man, sorry to take up space but I actually found it here in the month of
April. I changed the logic type in vmware to lsi logic SAS and it powered up
just fine... so tomorrow I'll try and create a new image and double check to
make sure its set to lsi logic and not lsi logic sas. If that still doesn't
work I'll let you know.