You'll need to use mysql or phpmyadmin to change an active host's vmprofile.

The profile is assigned in the vmhost

Get the id from the vmprofile table - the VMware ESX - local storage
profile is id 4

The update the vmhost table for that host.
This query assumes that you only have one vmhost in your vmhost table
or it's ok to change all of them:

update vmhost SET vmprofileid =4;

I think the restriction on not being able change an active vmhosts
profile to another profile was an oversight or it was related to xcat
based hypervisor installs. Regardless, I added a jira issue for it to
get fixed.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VCL-495

Aaron

--