Hello,

 Here is the main issue, You need to have your datastore the location
that you are storing you VM images in the correct place. As of right
now they are looking  in the /vmfs/volumes/local-datastore

You can either move your images to this folder or change the default location.


To do this go to Virtual Host
Click on VM host Profiles
Click on Configure Profile (Make to to select the VMware ESXI Standard
Localdisk
from the sounds of it you have Local storage and are storing your VM's locally.

The Data Store Path can be changed to the current location or you can
move the files the choice is yours. Make sure you have the Virtual
Switches set up
I'm using custom VLAN switch 0 = private and switch 1 = private
You don't have to set a Repository Path but the Data Store Path has to
be correct.

-Alex

327|5:5|image| ---- WARNING ----
|5327|5:5|image| 2011-10-25
11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:_get_datastore_name(5848)|unable to
determine datastore name from path: '/vmfs/volumes/local-datastore', path
does not begin with any of the datastore paths:

2011/10/25 Evelio Quiros <evq...@fiu.edu>:
> OK,
>
> After adding the missing javascript, I am able to get the Virtual Hosts
> page to display.
>
> I added 10 VMs which have been added to the database, as well as the base
> image I want to capture, so 11 in all.
>
> Does VCL require the Vsphere module to add a virtual machine computer ?
>
> Also, I am using a free version of ESXi. Is there a licensing issue ?
>
>
> I tried once again to capture the base image, and I got this error:
>
>
> VCL::image object could not be created and initialized
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> time: 2011-10-25 11:38:43
> caller: vcld:make_new_child(571)
> ( 0) vcld, make_new_child (line: 571)
> (-1) vcld, main (line: 346)
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> management node: vcltst.fiu.edu
> reservation PID: 5327
> parent vcld PID: 15838
>
> request ID: 5
> reservation ID: 5
> request state/laststate: image/image
> request start time: 2011-10-25 11:38:35
> request end time: 2011-10-25 12:38:35
> for imaging: no
> log ID: none
>
> computer: redhat64base
> computer id: 12
> computer type: virtualmachine
> computer eth0 MAC address: <undefined>
> computer eth1 MAC address: <undefined>
> computer private IP address: 10.0.0.2
> computer public IP address: 10.106.128.53
> computer in block allocation: no
> provisioning module: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VMware
>
> vm host: vcldell_01
> vm host ID: 2
> vm host computer ID: 13
> vm profile: VMware ESX - local storage
> vm profile VM path: /vmfs/volumes/local-datastore
> vm profile repository path: 0
> vm profile datastore path: /vmfs/volumes/local-datastore
> vm profile disk type: localdisk
>
> image: vmwarelinux-redhat_linux16-v0
> image display name: redhat_linux
> image ID: 16
> image revision ID: 9
> image size: 1450 MB
> use Sysprep: yes
> root access: yes
> image owner ID: 1
> image owner affiliation: Local
> image revision date created: 2011-10-25 11:38:35
> image revision production: yes
> OS module: VCL::Module::OS::Linux
>
> user: admin
> user name: vcl admin
> user ID: 1
> user affiliation: Local
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> RECENT LOG ENTRIES FOR THIS PROCESS:
> 2011-10-25 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|vSphere_SDK.pm:initialize(1826)|vSphere
> SDK for Perl does not appear to be installed on this managment node,
> unable to load VMware vSphere SDK Perl modules
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1313)|API object
> could not be created: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(613)|computer ID
> argument was specified, retrieving data for computer ID: 13
> 2011-10-25 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(643)|image
> ID argument was specified: 4, DataStructure object will contain image
> information for the production imagerevision of this image
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(660)|retrieved data
> for imagerevision ID: 4
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(676)|retrieved data
> for image ID: 4
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_datastructure(1190)|created
> DataStructure object for VM host: vcldell_01
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1293)|attempting
> to load VMware control module: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VIM_SSH
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1299)|loaded
> VMware control module: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VIM_SSH
> 2011-10-25 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|Module.pm:new(172)|set 'vmhost_data'
> key for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VIM_SSH object from arguments
> 2011-10-25 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|Module.pm:new(172)|set 'vmhost_os' key
> for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VIM_SSH object from arguments
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|Module.pm:create_mn_os_object(335)|management node
> OS object has already been created, address: 219ab58, returning 1
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:41|5327|5:5|image|Module.pm:new(200)|VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMwar
> e::VIM_SSH object created for computer redhat64base, address: 1fd9588
> 2011-10-25 11:38:42|5327|5:5|image|VIM_SSH.pm:initialize(138)|VIM
> executable available on VM host: vim-cmd
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:42|5327|5:5|image|VIM_SSH.pm:initialize(140)|VCL::Module::Provisionin
> g::VMware::VIM_SSH object initialized
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:42|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1320)|created API
> object: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VIM_SSH
> 2011-10-25 11:38:42|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:initialize(278)|VMware on VM
> host vcldell_01 will be controlled using vim-cmd via SSH
> 2011-10-25 11:38:42|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:initialize(293)|VMware OS and
> API objects created for VM host vcldell_01:
> |5327|5:5|image| VM host OS object type: VCL::Module::OS::Linux::UnixLab
> |5327|5:5|image| VMware API object type:
> VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VIM_SSH
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:42|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_product_name(5405)|VMware
> product being used on VM host vcldell_01: 'VMware ESXi 5.0.0 build-469512'
> 2011-10-25 11:38:42|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:initialize(307)|product:
> VMware ESXi 5.0.0 build-469512, OS object: VCL::Module::OS::Linux::UnixLab
> 2011-10-25 11:38:42|5327|5:5|image|VIM_SSH.pm:_run_vim_cmd(193)|vim-cmd
> call count: 1 (hostsvc/datastore/listsummary)
> 2011-10-25 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|VIM_SSH.pm:_run_vim_cmd(208)|executed
> command on VM host vcldell_01: vim-cmd hostsvc/datastore/listsummary
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:get_datastore_info(5531)|retrieved
> datastore info from VM host:
> |5327|5:5|image| datastore1
> |5327|5:5|image| ---- WARNING ----
> |5327|5:5|image| 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:_get_datastore_name(5848)|unable to
> determine datastore name from path: '/vmfs/volumes/local-datastore', path
> does not begin with any of the datastore paths:
> |5327|5:5|image| '[datastore1]'
> |5327|5:5|image| '/vmfs/volumes/datastore1'
> |5327|5:5|image| '/vmfs/volumes/4e96b3e5-a6562886-638a-00188be54b59'
> |5327|5:5|image| ( 0) VMware.pm, _get_datastore_name (line: 5848)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-1) VMware.pm, _get_datastore_root_normal_path (line:
> 5685)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-2) VMware.pm, _get_normal_path (line: 5775)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-3) VMware.pm, get_vmx_base_directory_path (line: 2743)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-4) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 313)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-5) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
> |5327|5:5|image| ---- WARNING ----
> |5327|5:5|image| 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:_get_datastore_root_normal_path(5687)|fai
> led to determine datastore root normal path, unable to determine datastore
> name: /vmfs/volumes/local-datastore
> |5327|5:5|image| ( 0) VMware.pm, _get_datastore_root_normal_path (line:
> 5687)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-1) VMware.pm, _get_normal_path (line: 5775)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-2) VMware.pm, get_vmx_base_directory_path (line: 2743)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-3) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 313)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-4) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-5) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line: 423)
> |5327|5:5|image| ---- WARNING ----
> |5327|5:5|image| 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:_get_normal_path(5777)|unable to
> determine normal path, failed to determine datastore root normal path:
> /vmfs/volumes/local-datastore
> |5327|5:5|image| ( 0) VMware.pm, _get_normal_path (line: 5777)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-1) VMware.pm, get_vmx_base_directory_path (line: 2743)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-2) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 313)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-3) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-4) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line: 423)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-5) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
> |5327|5:5|image| ---- WARNING ----
> |5327|5:5|image| 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:get_vmx_base_directory_path(2749)|unable
> to determine the vmx base directory path, failed to convert path
> configured in the VM profile to a normal path:
> /vmfs/volumes/local-datastore
> |5327|5:5|image| ( 0) VMware.pm, get_vmx_base_directory_path (line: 2749)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-1) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 313)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-2) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-3) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line: 423)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-4) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-5) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
> |5327|5:5|image| ---- WARNING ----
> |5327|5:5|image| 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|VMware.pm:initialize(315)|unable to determine vmx
> base directory path on VM host vcldell_01
> |5327|5:5|image| ( 0) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 315)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-1) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-2) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line: 423)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-3) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-4) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-5) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
> |5327|5:5|image| ---- WARNING ----
> |5327|5:5|image| 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|Module.pm:create_provisioning_object(431)|provision
> ing object could not be created, returning 0
> |5327|5:5|image| ( 0) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line: 431)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-1) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-2) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-3) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-4) vcld, main (line: 346)
> |5327|5:5|image| ---- WARNING ----
> |5327|5:5|image| 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|State.pm:initialize(118)|failed to create
> provisioning object
> |5327|5:5|image| ( 0) State.pm, initialize (line: 118)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-1) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-2) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
> |5327|5:5|image| (-3) vcld, main (line: 346)
> 2011-10-25 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|State.pm:DESTROY(829)|VCL::image
> destructor called, address: 1e47a28
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|utils.pm:delete_computerloadlog_reservation(6742)|r
> emoving computerloadlog entries matching loadstate = begin
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|utils.pm:delete_computerloadlog_reservation(6789)|d
> eleted rows from computerloadlog for reservation id=5
> 2011-10-25 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|State.pm:DESTROY(848)|number of
> database handles state process created: 1
> 2011-10-25 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|State.pm:DESTROY(876)|VCL::image
> process duration: 4 seconds
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_address(15
> 81)|attempting to retrieve private IP address for computer: redhat64base
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_address(15
> 85)|retrieved contents of /etc/hosts on this management node, contains 10
> lines
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_address(16
> 45)|returning IP address from /etc/hosts file: 10.0.0.2
> 2011-10-25 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2703)|unable to use
> database handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
> 2011-10-25 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
> handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
> 2011-10-25 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|utils.pm:is_inblockrequest(6163)|zero
> rows were returned from database select
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|DataStructure.pm:get_image_affiliation_name(2035)|i
> mage owner id: 1
> 2011-10-25 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2709)|database
> requested (information_schema) does not match handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
> (vcl:localhost)
> 2011-10-25 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
> handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|DataStructure.pm:retrieve_user_data(1352)|attemptin
> g to retrieve and store data for user: user.id = '1'
> 2011-10-25 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2709)|database
> requested (vcl) does not match handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
> (information_schema:localhost)
> 2011-10-25 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
> handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
> 2011-10-25
> 11:38:43|5327|5:5|image|DataStructure.pm:retrieve_user_data(1415)|data has
> been retrieved for user: admin (id: 1)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On 10/25/11 10:26 AM, "Aaron Coburn" <acob...@amherst.edu> wrote:
>
>>Al,
>>if you plan to use the vSphere API, then you will need to install the
>>vSphere SDK for Perl separately. The perl modules are available here --
>>just make sure that you download the release that matches your vCenter
>>version.
>>
>>http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/viperltoolkit/
>>
>>Aaron Coburn
>>
>>
>>On Oct 25, 2011, at 10:03 AM, Evelio Quiros wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks again Aaron. It seems we are taking baby steps here.
>>>
>>> Ok, next issue: When I click "Configure Host" in the vcl web interface,
>>> nothing happens.
>>>
>>> My Vmware server is listed there. It is in "vmhostinuse" state.
>>>
>>> I noticed some complaints below about the Vsphere perl module not being
>>> installed.
>>> I thought that was done in the "install_perl_libraries script.
>>>
>>> Thanks again for all your help.
>>>
>>> Al Quiros
>>>
>>>
>>> On 10/25/11 9:43 AM, "Aaron Peeler" <fapee...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>>> In the log output your missing the vmhost information.
>>>>
>>>> Make sure your vm host server have a correctly configured vmhost
>>>> profile and you have assigned your vms to the virtual host server by
>>>> using the Virtual Host interface.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/VCL+2.2.1+-+Further+Step
>>>>s+
>>>> if+Using+VMware
>>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/VMware+Configuration
>>>>
>>>> I'm not seeing the virtual host interface mentioned directly in the
>>>> vcl 2.2.1 install guide. I'll added that to the first link.
>>>>
>>>> Here is a link from a bootcamp that you can review this morning while
>>>> I work on adding the content to Apache VCL:
>>>>
>>>>https://sites.google.com/a/ncsu.edu/vcl-bootcamp/exercises/assign-a-vm-t
>>>>o-
>>>> a-virtual-host
>>>>
>>>> Aaron
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Evelio Quiros <evq...@fiu.edu> wrote:
>>>>> Thank you Aaron.
>>>>>
>>>>> Ok, now it can resolve the name redhat64base to the private IP address
>>>>> 10.0.0.2.
>>>>> I tried to add the base image as the name linux64.
>>>>> It resides in the database as redhat64base, with the public IP of
>>>>> 10.106.128.53, and set as available.
>>>>> I'm not sure what this error message is telling meŠ
>>>>>
>>>>> VCL::image object could not be created and initialized
>>>>>
>>>>>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>-
>>>>> time: 2011-10-25 09:30:44
>>>>> caller: vcld:make_new_child(571)
>>>>> ( 0) vcld, make_new_child (line: 571)
>>>>> (-1) vcld, main (line: 346)
>>>>>
>>>>>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>-
>>>>> management node: vcltst.fiu.edu
>>>>> reservation PID: 31318
>>>>> parent vcld PID: 15838
>>>>>
>>>>> request ID: 4
>>>>> reservation ID: 4
>>>>> request state/laststate: image/image
>>>>> request start time: 2011-10-25 09:30:37
>>>>> request end time: 2011-10-25 10:30:37
>>>>> for imaging: no
>>>>> log ID: none
>>>>>
>>>>> computer: redhat64base
>>>>> computer id: 12
>>>>> computer type: blade
>>>>> computer eth0 MAC address: <undefined>
>>>>> computer eth1 MAC address: <undefined>
>>>>> computer private IP address: 10.0.0.2
>>>>> computer public IP address: 10.106.128.53
>>>>> computer in block allocation: no
>>>>> provisioning module: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VMware
>>>>>
>>>>> image: vmwarelinux-linux6414-v0
>>>>> image display name: linux64
>>>>> image ID: 14
>>>>> image revision ID: 8
>>>>> image size: 1450 MB
>>>>> use Sysprep: yes
>>>>> root access: yes
>>>>> image owner ID: 1
>>>>> image owner affiliation: Local
>>>>> image revision date created: 2011-10-25 09:30:37
>>>>> image revision production: yes
>>>>> OS module: VCL::Module::OS::Linux
>>>>>
>>>>> user: admin
>>>>> user name: vcl admin
>>>>> user ID: 1
>>>>> user affiliation: Local
>>>>>
>>>>>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>-
>>>>> RECENT LOG ENTRIES FOR THIS PROCESS:
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1293)|attempti
>>>>>ng
>>>>> to load VMware control module:
>>>>> VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1299)|loaded
>>>>> VMware control module: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:new(172)|set
>>>>>'vmhost_data'
>>>>> key for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK object from
>>>>> arguments
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:new(172)|set 'vmhost_os'
>>>>> key
>>>>> for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK object from
>>>>>arguments
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:create_mn_os_object(335)|management
>>>>> node OS object has already been created, address: 21956b8, returning 1
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:new(200)|VCL::Module::Provisioning::
>>>>>VM
>>>>> wa
>>>>> re::vSphere_SDK object created for computer redhat64base, address:
>>>>> 21e6980
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|vSphere_SDK.pm:initialize(1826)|vSphere SDK
>>>>>for
>>>>> Perl does not appear to be installed on this managment node, unable to
>>>>> load VMware vSphere SDK Perl modules
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1313)|API
>>>>> object
>>>>> could not be created: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|DataStructure.pm:_automethod(812)|correspondin
>>>>>g
>>>>> data has not been initialized for get_vmhost_computer_id:
>>>>> $self->request_data->{reservation}{4}{computer}{vmhost}{computerid}
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ( 0) DataStructure.pm, _automethod (line: 812)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-1) Autoload.pm, __ANON__ (line: 80)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-2) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_datastructure (line:
>>>>>1161)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-3) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_api_object (line: 1282)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-4) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 278)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-5) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|DataStructure.pm:_automethod(812)|correspondin
>>>>>g
>>>>> data has not been initialized for get_vmhost_profile_image_id:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>$self->request_data->{reservation}{4}{computer}{vmhost}{vmprofile}{imag
>>>>>ei
>>>>> d}
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ( 0) DataStructure.pm, _automethod (line: 812)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-1) Autoload.pm, __ANON__ (line: 80)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-2) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_datastructure (line:
>>>>>1162)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-3) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_api_object (line: 1282)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-4) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 278)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-5) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_datastructure(1190)|creat
>>>>>ed
>>>>> DataStructure object for VM host: redhat64base
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1293)|attempti
>>>>>ng
>>>>> to load VMware control module:
>>>>> VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VIM_SSH
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1299)|loaded
>>>>> VMware control module: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VIM_SSH
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:new(172)|set
>>>>>'vmhost_data'
>>>>> key for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VIM_SSH object from
>>>>>arguments
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:new(172)|set 'vmhost_os'
>>>>> key
>>>>> for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VIM_SSH object from arguments
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:create_mn_os_object(335)|management
>>>>> node OS object has already been created, address: 21956b8, returning 1
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:new(200)|VCL::Module::Provisioning::
>>>>>VM
>>>>> wa
>>>>> re::VIM_SSH object created for computer redhat64base, address: 24f7888
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|VIM_SSH.pm:initialize(126)|VIM
>>>>> executable is not available on the VM host, output:
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| bash: vim-cmd: command not found
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| bash: vmware-vim-cmd: command not found
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1313)|API
>>>>> object
>>>>> could not be created: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VIM_SSH
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|DataStructure.pm:_automethod(812)|correspondin
>>>>>g
>>>>> data has not been initialized for get_vmhost_computer_id:
>>>>> $self->request_data->{reservation}{4}{computer}{vmhost}{computerid}
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ( 0) DataStructure.pm, _automethod (line: 812)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-1) Autoload.pm, __ANON__ (line: 80)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-2) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_datastructure (line:
>>>>>1161)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-3) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_api_object (line: 1282)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-4) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 278)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-5) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|DataStructure.pm:_automethod(812)|correspondin
>>>>>g
>>>>> data has not been initialized for get_vmhost_profile_image_id:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>$self->request_data->{reservation}{4}{computer}{vmhost}{vmprofile}{imag
>>>>>ei
>>>>> d}
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ( 0) DataStructure.pm, _automethod (line: 812)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-1) Autoload.pm, __ANON__ (line: 80)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-2) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_datastructure (line:
>>>>>1162)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-3) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_api_object (line: 1282)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-4) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 278)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-5) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_datastructure(1190)|creat
>>>>>ed
>>>>> DataStructure object for VM host: redhat64base
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1293)|attempti
>>>>>ng
>>>>> to load VMware control module:
>>>>> VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vmware_cmd
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1299)|loaded
>>>>> VMware control module: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vmware_cmd
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:new(172)|set
>>>>>'vmhost_data'
>>>>> key for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vmware_cmd object from
>>>>> arguments
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:new(172)|set 'vmhost_os'
>>>>> key
>>>>> for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vmware_cmd object from
>>>>>arguments
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:create_mn_os_object(335)|management
>>>>> node OS object has already been created, address: 21956b8, returning 1
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:43|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:new(200)|VCL::Module::Provisioning::
>>>>>VM
>>>>> wa
>>>>> re::vmware_cmd object created for computer redhat64base, address:
>>>>> 251d1e0
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|vmware_cmd.pm:initialize(107)|vmware-cmd is
>>>>>not
>>>>> available on the VM host, output:
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| bash: vmware-cmd: command not found
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1313)|API
>>>>> object
>>>>> could not be created: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vmware_cmd
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|VMware.pm:initialize(285)|failed to create an
>>>>> object to control VMware on VM host: redhat64base
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ( 0) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 285)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-1) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-2) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line:
>>>>>423)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-3) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-4) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-5) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|Module.pm:create_provisioning_object(431)|prov
>>>>>is
>>>>> io
>>>>> ning object could not be created, returning 0
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ( 0) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line:
>>>>>431)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-1) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-2) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-3) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-4) vcld, main (line: 346)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|State.pm:initialize(118)|failed to create
>>>>> provisioning object
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| ( 0) State.pm, initialize (line: 118)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-1) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-2) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
>>>>> |31318|4:4|image| (-3) vcld, main (line: 346)
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|State.pm:DESTROY(829)|VCL::image
>>>>> destructor called, address: 1e47818
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|utils.pm:delete_computerloadlog_reservation(67
>>>>>42
>>>>> )|
>>>>> removing computerloadlog entries matching loadstate = begin
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|utils.pm:delete_computerloadlog_reservation(67
>>>>>89
>>>>> )|
>>>>> deleted rows from computerloadlog for reservation id=4
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|State.pm:DESTROY(848)|number of
>>>>> database handles state process created: 1
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|State.pm:DESTROY(876)|VCL::image
>>>>> process duration: 2 seconds
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_addre
>>>>>ss
>>>>> (1
>>>>> 581)|attempting to retrieve private IP address for computer:
>>>>> redhat64base
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_addre
>>>>>ss
>>>>> (1
>>>>> 585)|retrieved contents of /etc/hosts on this management node,
>>>>>contains
>>>>> 9
>>>>> lines
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_addre
>>>>>ss
>>>>> (1
>>>>> 645)|returning IP address from /etc/hosts file: 10.0.0.2
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2703)|unable to
>>>>> use
>>>>> database handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
>>>>> handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>> 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|utils.pm:is_inblockrequest(6163)|zero
>>>>> rows were returned from database select
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|DataStructure.pm:get_image_affiliation_name(20
>>>>>35
>>>>> )|
>>>>> image owner id: 1
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2709)|database
>>>>> requested (information_schema) does not match handle stored in
>>>>>$ENV{dbh}
>>>>> (vcl:localhost)
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
>>>>> handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|DataStructure.pm:retrieve_user_data(1352)|atte
>>>>>mp
>>>>> ti
>>>>> ng to retrieve and store data for user: user.id = '1'
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2709)|database
>>>>> requested (vcl) does not match handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>>>>> (information_schema:localhost)
>>>>> 2011-10-25 09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
>>>>> handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>
>>>>>09:30:44|31318|4:4|image|DataStructure.pm:retrieve_user_data(1415)|data
>>>>> has been retrieved for user: admin (id: 1)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 10/25/11 9:04 AM, "Aaron Peeler" <aaron_pee...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Al,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The hostname has to resolve.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Put an entry in your /etc/hosts file.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Aaron
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Evelio Quiros <evq...@fiu.edu>
>>>>>>wrote:
>>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>>> I am getting an error when I try to capture a linux base image in
>>>>>>>vcl.
>>>>>>> I am
>>>>>>> following the instructions, but perhaps some parts of these may have
>>>>>>> been
>>>>>>> misinterpreted.
>>>>>>> My VCL server is at 10.0.0.1. My Vmware based virtual machine is at
>>>>>>> 10.0.0.2. I can ssh without passwords using keys from the vcl server
>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> VM.
>>>>>>> The computer has been added to the database as hostname
>>>>>>>redhat64base,
>>>>>>> although I have no DNS entry to resolve that name, so I use it's
>>>>>>> private IP
>>>>>>> of 10.0.0.2.
>>>>>>> Below is the result of vcld trying to capture the computer to
>>>>>>>create a
>>>>>>> new
>>>>>>> base imageŠ.Any ideas about what could be wrong ?
>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>> Al Quiros
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> VCL::image object could not be created and initialized
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>--
>>>>>>> -
>>>>>>> time: 2011-10-25 08:58:38
>>>>>>> caller: vcld:make_new_child(571)
>>>>>>> ( 0) vcld, make_new_child (line: 571)
>>>>>>> (-1) vcld, main (line: 346)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>--
>>>>>>> -
>>>>>>> management node: vcltst.fiu.edu
>>>>>>> reservation PID: 29609
>>>>>>> parent vcld PID: 15838
>>>>>>> request ID: 2
>>>>>>> reservation ID: 2
>>>>>>> request state/laststate: image/image
>>>>>>> request start time: 2011-10-25 08:58:37
>>>>>>> request end time: 2011-10-25 09:58:37
>>>>>>> for imaging: no
>>>>>>> log ID: none
>>>>>>> computer: redhat64base
>>>>>>> computer id: 12
>>>>>>> computer type: blade
>>>>>>> computer eth0 MAC address: <undefined>
>>>>>>> computer eth1 MAC address: <undefined>
>>>>>>> computer private IP address: <undefined>
>>>>>>> computer public IP address: 10.0.0.2
>>>>>>> computer in block allocation: no
>>>>>>> provisioning module: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VMware
>>>>>>> image: vmwarelinux-redhat64linux8-v0
>>>>>>> image display name: redhat64linux
>>>>>>> image ID: 8
>>>>>>> image revision ID: 6
>>>>>>> image size: 1450 MB
>>>>>>> use Sysprep: yes
>>>>>>> root access: yes
>>>>>>> image owner ID: 1
>>>>>>> image owner affiliation: Local
>>>>>>> image revision date created: 2011-10-25 08:58:37
>>>>>>> image revision production: yes
>>>>>>> OS module: VCL::Module::OS::Linux
>>>>>>> user: admin
>>>>>>> user name: vcl admin
>>>>>>> user ID: 1
>>>>>>> user affiliation: Local
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>--
>>>>>>> -
>>>>>>> RECENT LOG ENTRIES FOR THIS PROCESS:
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_os_object(1238)|VM
>>>>>>> host OS module loaded: VCL::Module::OS::Linux
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|Module.pm:create_mn_os_object(335)|managemen
>>>>>>>t
>>>>>>> node
>>>>>>> OS object has already been created, address: 1fbe730, returning 1
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|Module.pm:new(196)|VCL::Module::OS::Linux
>>>>>>> object
>>>>>>> created for image vmwarelinux-redhat64linux8-v0, address: 24f12f0
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_os_object(1244)|VM
>>>>>>> host OS object created: VCL::Module::OS::Linux
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:run_command(8998)|$? is
>>>>>>> set to
>>>>>>> -1, setting exit status to 0, Perl bug likely encountered
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:nmap_port(2645)|error occurred
>>>>>>> running
>>>>>>> nmap command: '/usr/bin/nmap redhat64base -P0 -p 22 -T Aggressive',
>>>>>>> output:
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| Starting Nmap 5.21 ( http://nmap.org ) at
>>>>>>>2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58
>>>>>>> EDT
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| Failed to resolve given hostname/IP: redhat64base.
>>>>>>> Note
>>>>>>> that you can't use '/mask' AND '1-4,7,100-' style IP ranges
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| WARNING: No targets were specified, so 0 hosts
>>>>>>> scanned.
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| Nmap done: 0 IP addresses (0 hosts up) scanned in
>>>>>>> 0.05
>>>>>>> seconds
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ( 0) utils.pm, nmap_port (line: 2645)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-1) OS.pm, is_ssh_responding (line: 383)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-2) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 252)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-3) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-4) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line:
>>>>>>> 423)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-5) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:nmap_port(2645)|error occurred
>>>>>>> running
>>>>>>> nmap command: '/usr/bin/nmap redhat64base -P0 -p 24 -T Aggressive',
>>>>>>> output:
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| Starting Nmap 5.21 ( http://nmap.org ) at
>>>>>>>2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58
>>>>>>> EDT
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| Failed to resolve given hostname/IP: redhat64base.
>>>>>>> Note
>>>>>>> that you can't use '/mask' AND '1-4,7,100-' style IP ranges
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| WARNING: No targets were specified, so 0 hosts
>>>>>>> scanned.
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| Nmap done: 0 IP addresses (0 hosts up) scanned in
>>>>>>> 0.05
>>>>>>> seconds
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ( 0) utils.pm, nmap_port (line: 2645)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-1) OS.pm, is_ssh_responding (line: 384)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-2) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 252)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-3) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-4) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line:
>>>>>>> 423)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-5) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|OS.pm:is_ssh_responding(386)|redhat64base
>>>>>>>is
>>>>>>> NOT
>>>>>>> responding to SSH, ports 22 or 24 are both closed
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|VMware.pm:initialize(257)|unable
>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>> control OS of VM host redhat64base using VCL::Module::OS::Linux OS
>>>>>>> object
>>>>>>> because VM host is not responding to SSH
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|DataStructure.pm:_automethod(812)|correspond
>>>>>>>in
>>>>>>> g
>>>>>>> data has not been initialized for get_vmhost_computer_id:
>>>>>>> $self->request_data->{reservation}{2}{computer}{vmhost}{computerid}
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ( 0) DataStructure.pm, _automethod (line: 812)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-1) Autoload.pm, __ANON__ (line: 80)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-2) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_datastructure (line:
>>>>>>> 1161)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-3) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_api_object (line: 1282)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-4) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 265)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-5) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|DataStructure.pm:_automethod(812)|correspond
>>>>>>>in
>>>>>>> g
>>>>>>> data has not been initialized for get_vmhost_profile_image_id:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>$self->request_data->{reservation}{2}{computer}{vmhost}{vmprofile}{im
>>>>>>>ag
>>>>>>> ei
>>>>>>> d}
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ( 0) DataStructure.pm, _automethod (line: 812)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-1) Autoload.pm, __ANON__ (line: 80)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-2) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_datastructure (line:
>>>>>>> 1162)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-3) VMware.pm, get_vmhost_api_object (line: 1282)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-4) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 265)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-5) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_datastructure(1190)|cre
>>>>>>>at
>>>>>>> ed
>>>>>>> DataStructure object for VM host: redhat64base
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1293)|attemp
>>>>>>>ti
>>>>>>> ng
>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>> load VMware control module:
>>>>>>> VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1299)|loaded
>>>>>>> VMware
>>>>>>> control module: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|Module.pm:new(172)|set
>>>>>>> 'vmhost_data' key
>>>>>>> for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK object from
>>>>>>> arguments
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|Module.pm:new(172)|set
>>>>>>>'vmhost_os'
>>>>>>> key
>>>>>>> for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK object from
>>>>>>> arguments
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|Module.pm:create_mn_os_object(335)|managemen
>>>>>>>t
>>>>>>> node
>>>>>>> OS object has already been created, address: 1fbe730, returning 1
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|Module.pm:new(200)|VCL::Module::Provisioning
>>>>>>>::
>>>>>>> VM
>>>>>>> ware::vSphere_SDK
>>>>>>> object created for computer redhat64base, address: 2508cf8
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|vSphere_SDK.pm:initialize(1826)|vSphere
>>>>>>> SDK for Perl does not appear to be installed on this managment node,
>>>>>>> unable
>>>>>>> to load VMware vSphere SDK Perl modules
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1313)|API
>>>>>>> object
>>>>>>> could not be created: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|VMware.pm:initialize(273)|no methods are
>>>>>>> available
>>>>>>> to control VM host redhat64base, the vSphere SDK cannot be used to
>>>>>>> control
>>>>>>> the VM host and the host OS cannot be controlled via SSH
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ( 0) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 273)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-1) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-2) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line:
>>>>>>> 423)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-3) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-4) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-5) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|Module.pm:create_provisioning_object(431)|pr
>>>>>>>ov
>>>>>>> is
>>>>>>> ioning
>>>>>>> object could not be created, returning 0
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ( 0) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line:
>>>>>>> 431)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-1) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-2) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-3) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-4) vcld, main (line: 346)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|State.pm:initialize(118)|failed to create
>>>>>>> provisioning object
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ( 0) State.pm, initialize (line: 118)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-1) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-2) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-3) vcld, main (line: 346)
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|State.pm:DESTROY(829)|VCL::image
>>>>>>> destructor called, address: 1e52a60
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:delete_computerloadlog_reservation(
>>>>>>>67
>>>>>>> 42
>>>>>>> )|removing
>>>>>>> computerloadlog entries matching loadstate = begin
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:delete_computerloadlog_reservation(
>>>>>>>67
>>>>>>> 89
>>>>>>> )|deleted
>>>>>>> rows from computerloadlog for reservation id=2
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|State.pm:DESTROY(848)|number of
>>>>>>> database
>>>>>>> handles state process created: 1
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|State.pm:DESTROY(876)|VCL::image
>>>>>>> process
>>>>>>> duration: 0 seconds
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_add
>>>>>>>re
>>>>>>> ss
>>>>>>> (1581)|attempting
>>>>>>> to retrieve private IP address for computer: redhat64base
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_add
>>>>>>>re
>>>>>>> ss
>>>>>>> (1585)|retrieved
>>>>>>> contents of /etc/hosts on this management node, contains 8 lines
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ---- WARNING ----
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_add
>>>>>>>re
>>>>>>> ss
>>>>>>> (1629)|did
>>>>>>> not find any lines in /etc/hosts containing 'redhat64base' and the
>>>>>>> private
>>>>>>> IP address is not defined in the database
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| ( 0) DataStructure.pm,
>>>>>>> get_computer_private_ip_address
>>>>>>> (line: 1629)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-1) DataStructure.pm, get_reservation_info_string
>>>>>>> (line:
>>>>>>> 2419)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-3) vcld, make_new_child (line: 571)
>>>>>>> |29609|2:2|image| (-4) vcld, main (line: 346)
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2703)|unable
>>>>>>>to
>>>>>>> use
>>>>>>> database handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
>>>>>>> handle
>>>>>>> stored in $ENV{dbh}
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>> 08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:is_inblockrequest(6163)|zero
>>>>>>> rows were returned from database select
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|DataStructure.pm:get_image_affiliation_name(
>>>>>>>20
>>>>>>> 35
>>>>>>> )|image
>>>>>>> owner id: 1
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2709)|database
>>>>>>> requested (information_schema) does not match handle stored in
>>>>>>> $ENV{dbh}
>>>>>>> (vcl:localhost)
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
>>>>>>> handle
>>>>>>> stored in $ENV{dbh}
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|DataStructure.pm:retrieve_user_data(1352)|at
>>>>>>>te
>>>>>>> mp
>>>>>>> ting
>>>>>>> to retrieve and store data for user: user.id = '1'
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2709)|database
>>>>>>> requested (vcl) does not match handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>>>>>>> (information_schema:localhost)
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
>>>>>>> handle
>>>>>>> stored in $ENV{dbh}
>>>>>>> 2011-10-25
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>08:58:38|29609|2:2|image|DataStructure.pm:retrieve_user_data(1415)|da
>>>>>>>ta
>>>>>>> has
>>>>>>> been retrieved for user: admin (id: 1)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Aaron Peeler
>>>>>> Program Manager
>>>>>> Virtual Computing Lab
>>>>>> NC State University
>>>>>>
>>>>>> All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which
>>>>>> are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public
>>>>>> Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Aaron Peeler
>>>> Program Manager
>>>> Virtual Computing Lab
>>>> NC State University
>>>>
>>>> All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which
>>>> are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public
>>>> Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.
>>>
>>
>
>



-- 
Thanks,
Alex  Patterson
User Support Services
Operating System Analyst
California State University, East Bay

Reply via email to