I think pursuing other options is a great idea.  I'd imagine lots of other
people would like to be able to have auto login working with VCL reservations.
It would be particularly useful for "icon on the desktop"[1] access to VCL
resources.

Josh

[1] "icon on the desktop" refers to having a script that uses the XML RPC API
to make and connect to a VCL reservation so that you can just click on an icon
to get connected to a VCL reservation

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu