It appears that subsequent Windows XP reservations DO work with RDP.
Apparently, it was just the first reservation that had a problem.

Have a happy holiday everybody.
Al Q

From: Al Quiros <evq...@fiu.edu<mailto:evq...@fiu.edu>>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 21:06:52 +0000
To: "vcl-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:vcl-user@incubator.apache.org>"
<vcl-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:vcl-user@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Windows Remote Desktop to Captured Images

Hello,

First of all…Happy Holidays !

Ok, I created a Windows XP image. All updates and Microsoft antivirus installed.
I installed and setup Cygwin to ssh. I setup the ssh keys with the genkeys
script.
I turned on and allowed remote desktop, and was able to RDP to the image before
capture.
During the Image Capture, it ran all the way and reported successfully created
an image.

I made a reservation for this windows XP image, and found I could not RDP to
the new image.
I could still ssh using the previously generated vcl key from the management
node, but RDP did not work.

At first I thought it was a firewall issue, but I tried to RDP from another
windows machine within the same network.

Any Idea what I might have missed ?

Thanks,
Al Quiros
Unix System Administrator