Hello,

during the very nice VCL Bootcamp you organized in Wroclaw we discussed about the option to switch off computers without reservation.

First few words about our infrastructure. It consists of 2 VMWare ESXi boxes with 256GB RAM each handling 60-100 VMs. We use iSCSI-based storage for datastore and 2 VM stores. Since VMFS3 is clustered this works quite well and bootstrap of machines takes less than a minute.

In this setup reload of machines takes longer than bootstrap and therefore it would be better to switch off/remove the VM once the reservation is done.

Are you planning add such feature in the next version?

Thanks
--
Emir Imamagic
Sektor za racunalne sustave