I'd suggest adding a new affiliation instead of using Global.  Global was
intended for things like creating a user group that should have access to
stuff related to any affiliation.

Once you have added that affiliation, set shibonly to 1 and set shibname to
the part after @ for a user's eppn.  For example, my eppn at NCSU is
jftho...@ncsu.edu.  So, for the NCSU affiliation in our database, shibname is
set to 'ncsu.edu'.

Let me know if that gets you any further.  Also, Aaron Coburn and Jim O'Dell
might have some good input.  They have more general Shibboleth experience than
I do.

Josh

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu