What I believe is happening is during the image creation VCL disables
the pagefile, reboots, and then removes the pagefile. This makes for
a smaller image file.

Then, during the image provisioning, the pagefile is re-enabled using
the default settings (which is pagefile = ram size).

If you look at the 'Windows.pm' there is a sub function called
"enable_pagefile". There is a "reg.exe" call used by cygwin that
looks like it's re-enabling the pagefile to the default settings.

Maybe you could zero out the function, so that it doesn't make the call
to cygwin. Or, maybe, modify the "reg.exe" string to limit the
registry's setting so that the new pagefile is just a couple Gigs.

In the past, I've found registry settings by dumping the registry to a
text file, making the changes, and then dumping the registry again.
You should be able to find the setting by comparing the files
differences.

Then roll your own "reg.exe" string.. (or I guess you could just Google
the setting, lol)

Hope this helps,

__Jim

- --