Why yes, you sure could.  :)  Forgot I created that.  It is used for
our ESXi xCAT kickstart installs.  All it does is override all of the
things Linux.pm post_load does.  It only waits for the ESXi computer
to respond to SSH.  Our kickstart file configures everything including
the public and private networking.  I can share this if its helpful.

The module is adequate for ESXi server installs (tovmhostinuse state)
and reload reservations.  For user reservations, you would need to add
the following subroutines:
-reserve
-grant_access
-is_user_connected
-sanitize (optional - If not implemented the computer will be reloaded
if a user makes a reservation but never logs in)

Also look at OS.pm::process_connect_methods.  I haven't worked on this
part of the code myself but you'll need to either implement the
firewall subroutines that process_connect_methods calls.

In order to use the module for the new server reservation feature in
2.3, you'd have to add a manage_server_access subroutine.

To be able to capture images, a pre_capture subroutine is needed.

-Andy