Pablo

I can tell what hardware we use for VCL - other people may have different
setups.

We use IBM's Blade Center H chassis with HS21/22 blades (7870 type):

- 2xCPUs, from Xeon X5550 (older) to X5660 (newer),
- 24GB to 48GB of memory,
- 2x73GB RAID1 local storage (system only, can be replaced by embedded VMWare)

CPU and memory per blade will depend on how many VMs you would like to have on
a ESXi host, or what is an application's hardware requirement if you plan to
use xCAT.

Storage is N6040 (NetApp FAS3140 equivalent), using NFS - very flexibile and
fast (NetApp works well with VMWARE).
I would recommend to have de-duplication license, it saves a lot of space on
the volume where you store images.

You will need two separate networks - Private (to be used by VCL) and Public
(users access to reservations).

I hope it helps.
Let me know if you want to know something else...

Thanks.

--
Dmitri Chebotarov
Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging