Hello,

We've noticed that in case of long term reservations VCL copies the virtual disk of image on datastore. In case of images with many subimages (>20) we experienced problems with this copying. VCL would initiate multiple vmkfstools commands, ESXi server would get overloaded and start killing vmkfstools processes (messages were indicating lack of memory). Is there any way to bypass this behavior? Is this copying really needed? Is it possibly to switch it off in a clean manner?

Another question is - how many VMs can vcld handle per a single VM host (VMware ESXi 4.1)? On our setup we managed to start 100 VMs on a single VMware host and it was still working fine. VM host has 24 cores and 256GB RAM.

Thanks in advance
--
Emir Imamagic
SRCE - University of Zagreb University Computing Centre, www.srce.unizg.hr